Thursday, October 18, 2007

so this is it.

Why not, I think to myself. Everyone else out there has one, so why not me. I need a place to organize my thoughts, to get things down. Truth be told I can't stand keeping journals; whenever I sit down to a blank page to write about myself I find that I have nothing to say. In lieu of journals, I began to collect random thoughts and tid bits. Flashes that would enter my mind would get scribbled down on the margin of some page of notes. Inevitibly, these would be lost, and I wouldn't know the difference.

Why else? I'm not a computer person in the least. I'm not a member of generation Y or Z or whatever we're on now. I'm not doing this to become queen of the digital universe. But perhaps, just maybe, in the tumultuous times that I'm sure are about to sweep me up, having some sense of continuity with something I've created will float me through. On hellish days, maybe I can read my own words and be reminded of what really matters to me, and what I really, truly enjoy out of life.

Lastly, I suppose this is a way for me to keep in touch. I love my family and friends, but it feels as though everyone I know is exploding outwards in this ever expanding world. I'm not writing this for anyone else than myself, but maybe knowing that my parents or friends could just check in on me will be enough to make it worthwhile.

No comments: