Tuesday, October 30, 2007

A Breather











Life finally let up a little bit today. Last night was movie night, a not-making-much-money fundraiser that is really an excuse to watch climbing movies on a giant theatre screen with crazy surround sound. It was a pretty stressful event to put together, but together it went, and everyone loved it. We actually made money this year, as opposed to last year when we didn't make enough money to cover the sodas we bought to sell as refreshments!

Then this morning I had my last midterm exam. Staying up till 3 in the morning for 4 consecutive nights really does something, because I've never had an exam go so smoothly since high school. Tonight was the last night of the class I've been teaching which has taken up way more time than it should have.

So, stress is gone, weather has turned gorgeous, and things are looking up. Still poor, and still not getting nearly enough climbing in, BUT I'm in love, I love what I do and I'll be skiing and ice climbing within a few weeks.

I've counted my chickens.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Skiing!!! Something I haven't done in years but will be picking up again this winter if I move to Colorado. As of now it looks like I will be :) Yeah for easy mountain access.

S said...

Been there done that, the stress and exams, at Uni. But it was all worth it as I am sure you'd agree.

Skiing.. Yay! Bring it on! I'm in skiing heaven up here in BC during ski season, I spend some week days at Whistler blasting around, and also night skiing in the week here on the North Shore, I so love skiing down that half pipe! :)

The climbing will be in the gym until the road trip, as it is too wet outside here now to climb, but at least when it's raining here, it's always snowing at the ski locations, and that's where I mostly 'live' during ski season anyhow.